Over the past several months, many alumni and friends have lent their voice in support of a capital campaign to improve athletic facilities on the Prairie View A&M University campus. Discussions are underway, yet a great deal of work remains. Architectural plans must be formulated, environmental studies completed, construction cost presented, approvals acquired on several levels, financing secured and fifty plus percent of the funds needed in-hand before we can go forward.
This is a major undertaking and by no means a certainty without significant donor support. At this time we are in the process of developing architectural concept plans and completing site studies. These concept plans are necessary to start the process required by the Texas A&M University System - as described below:
The Texas A&M University System has provided the following outline highlighting major steps to be accomplished in the review and approval process.
• Completed Sports Complex Development Plan and cost estimates
• Funding plan established by PVAMU for Phase I improvements to potentially include:
o Athletic revenue funding for financed amounts including pro forma financial statement
• Place project on A&M System Capital Plan upon:
o Direction from PVAMU
o Provision of acceptable pro forma
o Having sufficient funds on hand for pre-construction services
• Capital Plan approved by Texas A&M University System Board of Regents
• Upon Capital Plan approval initiate design of project (approx. 10 months duration)
• Select Construction Manager at Risk and obtain in-budget Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) for construction
• Obtain Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approval of project
• Have in-hand 50% of gift funds and an additional 25% in pledges plus a designated source of funds to cover shortfall
• Obtain Texas A&M University System Board of Regents approval for construction
• Initiate construction project (18-20 months duration)
• Complete construction of project and owner occupancy
Your Prairie View A&M Foundation is committed to fulfilling the desire of our alumni and friends to support our University in its quest to become the best comprehensive, research-intensive institution in the South. To be the best, we need to provide state of the art facilities for learning and teaching and spaces that improve the quality of life for our students, faculty and staff and athletic facilities that rival the best in the nation.
The University has commissioned a feasibility study to determine and develop plans and cost estimates for a Sports Complex on the Prairie View A&M University campus. At this time, there are no plans or artist renderings of the Sports Complex, but you can make your gift today. When artist renderings and plans are available, they will be on the Foundation website for your review.
Let’s Help PV Build!